HR California Privacy Notice
This California Privacy Notice applies solely to GE Appliances employees, job applicants, contractors, or similar individuals who reside in the State of California ("GEA personnel" or "you"). We adopt this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice.
Please note that at this time the CCPA does not generally apply to personal information we collect from California-based GEA personnel within the context of their employment or similar relation with GEA (“employment-related information”). Consequently your rights with respect to employment-related information you share with GEA may be limited under the terms of the CCPA.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We have collected from GEA personnel within the last twelve (12) months employment-related information falling into the following categories:
- Category A: Identifiers – A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers. Collected - YES
- Category B: Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)). — A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories. Collected - YES
- Category C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law. — Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information). Collected – YES
- Category D: Commercial information. — Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. Collected - No
- Category E: Biometric information. — Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data. Collected - NO
- Category F: Internet or other network activity — Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement. Collected - YES
- Category G: Geolocation data — Physical location or movements. Collected - NO
- Category H: Sensory data — Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information. Collected - NO
- Category I: Professional or employment-related information — Current or past job history or performance evaluations. Collected - YES
- Category J: Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99) — Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records. Collected - YES
- Category K: Inferences drawn from other personal information — Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes. Collected - NO
Business or Commercial Purposes for Using Personal Information
We may use or disclose the employment-related information we collect from GEA personnel for one or more of the following business or commercial purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about employment prospects at GEA, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry.
- If you provide your personal information, either directly to GEA or to an employment agency, to apply for a position, we will use that information to process, evaluate, and, where applicable, to communicate with you regarding your application or the job process.
- To provide, administer and communicate with you about employment-related benefits services, and events, and to send you employment-related alerts and notifications;
- To create, administer and communicate with you about your employment-related accounts;
- To personalize your experience on our websites;
- To verify your identity for security-related purposes related to the other purposes listed here;
- To protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure and quality;
- To ensure the security of our network services, information resources and the safety of our products, services, and employees.
- For other uses, as agreed by you and us or as directed by you.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of GEA's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held GEA about our services users is among the assets transferred.
Personal Information Sales
During the preceding twelve (12) months, GEA has not sold employment-related information.
Effective date of this California Privacy Notice: January 2020.